For the last couple months we’ve been trying to eat healthy. Can I just say that eating healthy is B-O-R-I-N-G? I usually cook fairly healthily, but portion control and self-control are hard. Four-five times a week we’ve been subsisting on lightly seasoned grilled chicken and salad or a steamed veggie. While my body feels great, my taste buds are slowly dying. I love the meals where I get to eat yummy food, but my body hates them.
Last night I tried making Spicy Thai Noodles, which is one of my favorite quick and easy meals and while it was a delicious (and much needed!) break, I spent the rest of the night feeling like a beached whale. So I’m back to my “comfort zone” of chicken and veggies. This salad is both healthy and delicious so both my body and my taste buds won’t hate me afterwards.
- 2 stalks of heart of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 apple (any type), diced into small chunks
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate vinaigrette dressing
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or candied pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup feta or bleu cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl add lettuce, apples, avocado, onions, almonds, and feta cheese
- Let chicken cool for a few minutes before adding to salad
- Add pomegranate vinaigrette, toss and serve